Mark you calendar: Galveston, TX,
February 18-21, 2024,
SPE International Polyolefins Conference 2024. This will be a Hybrid Conference (both in-person and virtual) at the Galveston Island Convention Center.
GLOBAL POLYOLEFINS – Emerging Challenges &
Solutions for Sustainable Growth
Fast facts SPE International Polyolefins Conference 2023:
- The Preeminent Polymer Conference in the World dedicated to Polyolefins since 1975
- The conference was a hybrid conference (both in-person and virtual)
- The powerful software platform for the conference will allow access to all papers on-demand, even several months after the conference, access to the program, streaming of the plenary talks, access to virtual exhibitor/sponsor booths, and easy communication with speakers and other participants
- In-person participants can download a mobile or web app for the conference to access all the features of the software platform for the conference
- The conference had nearly 900 people from around the globe participate either in-person or virtually
- The improved layout of the exhibit floor offered easy access and flow for the 55 companies that exhibited
- We thank our 14 sponsors
- World renowned plenary speaker
- 100+ Technical papers, Sunday afternoon Tutorial
- Student Poster Competition
- 2 Networking Socials
- Meeting rooms available for rent to meet with customers and suppliers
- Wednesday was extended to 3 pm to include lunch, exhibits, and papers.
Final Attendee List
Final Exhibitor List
Final Sponsor List
Registration for Virtual Access Now Open
You may now register for the virtual post-conference. Upon registering you will have access to all the papers(downloadable), videos, and attendees through messaging via the mobile or web app. Access will be until June 13, 2023.
|Post-Conference Virtual Attendee|
|Virtual SPE Member||$165|
|Questions: Janell Helton at email@example.com|
The program featured the below plenary speakers on Monday Morning.
Dr. Tobin Marks, Distinguished Professor, Northwestern University. Dr. Marks will speak about “Surfaces as Ligands, Activators, and Models for Polyolefin Construction and Deconstruction”.
Diane Chamberlain, President, Baystar Polymers. Diane will speak about “Solving Sophisticated Challenges for Proven Customer – Oriented Solutions Across the Value Chain.”
Joel Morales Jr., VP – Polyolefins Americas, Chemical Market Analytics, Dow Jones. Joel will speak about “Global Polyolefins Market Update.”
Paul Homik, Manager of Commercial Services, Heartland Polymers. Paul will speak about “Heartland Polymers – North America’s 1st Integrated PDH/PP Producer.”
Steve Sandstrum, Business Development Manager, Pipe North America-Borealis Compounds, North America. Steve will speak about “A European Approach to Carbon Footprint Reduction for Polyolefins.”
The program consisted of sessions in the following areas:
- Current Trends in Markets, Technology, and Investments (Mon AM Plenary)
- Innovation in Polyolefin Catalysts and Process
- Additives, Modifiers, and Stabilization
- Advances in Polymer Testing and Characterization
- Polyolefin Developments/Engineering Properties
- Flexible Packaging
- Applications in Building and Infrastructure
- Advances in Compounding & Extrusion
- Polyolefin Pipe Applications
- Sustainability, Recycling, & Regulatory Issues
The Wednesday session included the Outlook for the Chemical Industry, Policy Trends, and Recent Advances in small nuclear reactors for powering large chemical plants/refiners.
Couldn’t attend every day of the conference…Don’t worry we have you covered–anyone registered for the SPE International Polyolefins Conference 2023 has on-demand access to the technical papers post-conference through the Pheedloop mobile/web app.
Experience the Excitement
Thank you 2023 Exhibitors!
Monies raised benefit the students of today that will be the plastic professionals of tomorrow!
Galveston Island Convention Center at the San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center
IPOC 2024 will take place at the GICC which is part of the San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center. This venue is within walking distance to multiple hotels, restaurants, and entertainment destinations. Shuttles run constantly between the San Luis and the GCC. For more hotel, convention center and Galveston Island information.
This is a Galveston Island destination, with breathtaking views of the Gulf, that will not disappoint.