Call for Proposals
2024 SPE International Polyolefins Conference
February 18, 2024 – February 21, 2024
Galveston Island Convention Center (Galveston, TX)
The SPE International Polyolefins Conference is soliciting abstracts from speakers interested in presenting at the 2024 event. The SPE South Texas Section, in collaboration with multiple SPE Divisions, is organizing talks to cover topics in polymer modifiers and additives, flexible packaging, elastomers, engineering properties, rigid packaging and converter technologies, thermoplastic materials and foams, catalysis, infrastructure, applied rheology, characterization, and pipe applications.
Speakers should submit abstracts through the portal (Need to add link). Accepted speakers will be notified in November, at which point they will be asked to prepare and upload a PowerPoint slide deck, or .pdf, ahead of the conference in February. Additionally, authors are requested to upload a video recording to supplement the online slides in order to add context for virtual attendees. Speakers should plan 30-minute presentations, including Q&A.
All speakers receive free registration for the conference.
The International Polyolefins Conference 2024 organizers anticipate over 150 presentations at the 2024 event.
Within these broad topics, organizers are crafting sessions to cover the following themes:
- Machine learning and AI in the Polyolefins industry
- New mechanical and chemical recycling processes
- Modelling and experimental advances in applied rheology
- Polyolefin processing fundamentals
- New technologies for sorting that enable recycling
- Upcycling applications
- Catalyst enabling recyclability
- Sustainability incubators
- Safer materials – applications and challenges
- Bio-circular/Plant-based feedstocks
- Processing diverse feedstocks in recycled material – diverse mechanical and chemical properties
- New converter driven technologies and applications
- Polyolefin Additives and Modifiers
- Design for recyclability
- Polyolefins in infrastructure
- 3D Printing
- Polyolefin composites
- Polyolefins in extreme applications- aerospace, defense, energy
- PE Pipe
- Polyolefin elastomers
- Automotive applications- impact modifiers, EVs, and lightweighting
- Regulatory dynamics – sustainable materials, recycling, and additives
- Polyolefins in solar and wind energy
November 10, 2023: Abstract submission deadline
November 20, 2023: Speakers notified of submission status (accepted or rejected)
January 22, 2024: Deadline for presentation submission
While no compensation is offered to speakers, they do receive complimentary registration.
Any questions about abstract submission can be directed to our technical program chair, Preston McDaniel (PMcDaniel@dow.com).